Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BLAMB!


blamb, originally uploaded by jadis_eoc.

My hand-dyed Polwarth from David/Come In Spinner finally arrived from Australia today. Each 4 oz bundle was packed in the tiniest little bag, and when you open them up, the fiber goes BLAMB and says hello. :D

Of course, the use of "blamb" as an interjection came from the Spunky Eclectic group on Ravelry...I'm pretty sure it was originally a misspelling, but with the "b" on the end there, it seemed pretty appropriate to a group centered around fibery pursuits!

BTW, that's Dingo on the left and Vigilance on the right.

Oh, and today, you all get a bonus picture:

australia wtf

When I saw this stamp on my package, my first reaction was "Uh....WTF is that thing??" I looked up Diprotodon on Wikipedia, and apparently, it's the largest marsupial that's ever roamed the earth. Ugly little enormous hippo-sized (OMG, I didn't catch it the first time I looked at the Wiki, but that animal was HUGE!!) cuss, isn't he??

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing the roving is prettier than the stamp guy!

    ReplyDelete